Monday, June 15, 2015

Paperback Osmosis

I would love to say that I am more than a lover of books
But that would be over dramatic. I simply am
Bibliophile.
Collecting, amassing, adopting strays.
They sit stacked, silent and staring.
I can’t help but wonder what each would say about me if they could.
One hundred and seventeen days I’ve been away
Six days I’ve been home, my bags unpacked.
Could these numbers indicate something more?
A key? A Cartograph?
Once a challenge, twice a friend and foe, three times education and comfort and revisited impressions.
To think again how my thoughts could travel like a
Falcon, shifting my mind to an overseer, distant observation.
Is this omniscience or a puppet show?
Store away my secret thoughts. How did these effect my soul?
Not just affect my intellect.
My intellect? Indeed I have grown more intelligent
Somehow improved by the osmosis of other’s thoughts into
Yourself. An idea is unlocked when you allow yourself to be a Killer of your ego. Willing to change your mind. In a
Nutshell—Enlightened
In touch with your humanity
Let not as a sheep, blindly obeying, but
As vulnerable and strengthened.
Say what you will but admitting your ignorance is mighty.
Next you will understand that every word changes you slowly and irreversibly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.