I grew up on reruns of "Daniel Boone" and me and my sister were constantly pretending to be Daniel Boone and "Mango" a.k.a. Mingo (Hey, we were 5 and 7--we missed some of the more particular subtleties of pronunciation)
Later on we were Davy Crockett and George on our makeshift river boat.
Naturally, since I was the oldest, I always got to play Fess' role, and we built up quite a friendship him and I.
I'll never forget how excited we were the day Dad pulled out his old Royal Rangers costumes and Cait and I got to wear buckskin for the first time.
Now, he's passed on and I've been missing something ever since. One of the constants in my life is gone, and yes, I know that this sounds incredibly melodramatic, but it's real.
R.I.P. Fess Parker
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.